The Homework Strike
About the Book
Gregory's just an average middle school kid. He's not a star like his older brother or
a genius like his younger sister.
He misses his good friend who recently moved away, and he hangs out with close friends
every day to do homework. Gregory realizes he wants to spend more time writing
and working on projects besides homework, and it first it feels like there's nothing that
can make a change.
When his questions turn into a full homework strike,
Gregory wonders if it's worth it to take on a system to advocate for change - or if all he'll
get are lower grades and a bunch of trouble.
Writing about a new vocabulary word can help you understand the word.
1. Choose at least 10 words you do not know as you read this book.
2. Write the sentence from the novel that contains the vocabulary word and page number.
3. What is the definition of the word?
4. Can you use it in your own sentence?
5. Explain how the word connects to the story.
Make a MCBA vocabulary book of other words in this book and all the
other MCBA books you read.