Jerry CraftAbout the Book
Seventh grader Jordan Banks loves nothing more than drawing cartoons about his life. But instead of sending him to the art school of his dreams, his parents enroll him in a prestigious private school known for its academics, where Jordan is one of the few kids of color in his entire grade. As he makes the daily trip from his Washington Heights apartment to the upscale Riverdale Academy Day School, Jordan soon finds himself torn between two worlds—and not really fitting into either one. Can Jordan learn to navigate his new school culture while keeping his neighborhood friends and staying true to himself?
Jerry Craft: Children's Book Author and Illustrator
New Kid with Author Jerry Craft
Meet Jordan Banks
Blindfold Drawing Challenge with Author Jerry Craft
Writing about a new vocabulary word can help you understand the word.
1. Choose at least 10 words you do not know as you read this book.
2. Write the sentence from the novel that contains the vocabulary word and page number.
3. What is the definition of the word?
4. Can you use it in your own sentence?
5. Explain how the word connects to the story.
Make a MCBA vocabulary book of other words in this book and all the
other MCBA books you read.