About the Book
Timothy is on probation. It’s a strange word—something that happens to other kids,
to delinquents, not to kids like him. And yet, he is under house arrest for the next year.
He must check in weekly with a probation officer and a therapist, and keep a journal
for an entire year.
And mostly, he has to stay out of trouble. But when he must take drastic measures
to help his struggling family, staying out of trouble proves more difficult than
Timothy ever thought it would be.
This is a novel in verse about one boy’s path to redemption as he navigates life with a sick brother,
a grieving mother, and one tough probation officer.
K.A. Holt (Kari Anne Holt)
About K.A. Holt's
Download a FREE SAMPLE
Download the FREE Common Core-aligned teaching guide.
Writing about a new vocabulary word can help you understand the word.
1. Choose at least 10 words you do not know as you read this book.
2. Write the sentence from the novel that contains the vocabulary word and page number.
3. What is the definition of the word?
4. Can you use it in your own sentence?
5. Explain how the word connects to the story.
Make a MCBA vocabulary book of other words in this book and all the
other MCBA books you read.