About the Book
Jonathan Grisby is the newest arrival at the Slabhenge Reformatory School for Troubled Boys--an ancient, crumbling fortress of gray stone rising up from the ocean. It is dark, damp, and dismal. And it is just the place Jonathan figures he deserves.
Because Jonathan has done something terrible. And he's willing to accept whatever punishment he has coming.
Just as he's getting used to his new situation, however, a freak accident leaves the troubled boys of Slabhenge without any adult supervision. Suddenly the kids are free, with an entire island to themselves. But freedom brings unexpected danger. And if Jonathan can't come to terms with the sins of his past and lead his new friends to safety... then every boy on the island is doomed.
Writing about a new vocabulary word can help you understand the word.
1. Choose at least 10 words you do not know as you read this book.
2. Write the sentence from the novel that contains the vocabulary word and page number.
3. What is the definition of the word?
4. Can you use it in your own sentence?
5. Explain how the word connects to the story.
Make a MCBA vocabulary book of other words in this book and all the
other MCBA books you read.